Eldorado-Byawatha Road, Eldorado, Eldorado 3746
Cock’s Eldorado Dredge, one of the largest dredges in the Southern Hemisphere, has remained in its final mooring place at Eldorado since 1954. It was tied up here after operating for 18 years and extracting 70,664 ounces of gold and 1,383 tons of tin concentrate from the rich alluvial plain of Reedy Creek. It remains a formidable sight and graphically illustrates the extent of the mining operation in and around the town.
The Dredge walk is an easy 15 minute stroll around the pond with numbered posts corresponding to information in Parks Victoria’s Eldorado Dredge visitor guide brochure. Learn about the dredge, its operation and the environment.
The dredge walk is a smaller section of the shared path network in and around Eldorado which connects the historical landmarks, key township attractions and the dredge. It is a one hour round trip from the centre of town to the dredge and back along the shared path.
Eldorado-Byawatha Road, Eldorado ,
Storyboards on Shared path
Shared Path Eldorado