6 The Close, Wangaratta 3677
The Cathedral was built in stages with most of the granite coming from the nearby Warby Ranges.
In 1855 discussions took place about the building of a church on the hill.
1908 saw the foundation stone of the Cathedral laid by the Bishop of Ballarat, with the Cathedral being dedicated on August 24th 1909.
The bells are the oldest ring of eight in Australia, cast in 1806, following the battle of Trafalgar.
Holy Trinity Cathedral
Within Holy Trinity Cathedral
Stained Glass - Holy Trinity Cathedral
Musical instrument in Holy Trinity Cathedral
6 The Close ,